5 Questions You Should Ask Before Selecting a Web-based Registration Solution
[Web-Based Registration, Part 2]:
So you know the advantages of web-based registration. And you’ve decided that increasing registrations and lightening your workload makes a lot of sense. But how do you go about selecting the provider that is right for you?
The right solution ultimately depends on the complexity of your events and the number of business processes that can be automated or streamlined. Make sure you ask the providers these 5 questions before you leap. You want a system that makes your life easy!
1 How customizable is the attendee registration process?
Creating the ideal event experience for your attendees requires customization. All communications, from invitation to the post event follow up, should have a personal touch.
Ask how flexible the data forms are – the more customized your data fields, the more reporting you can gather, and the more personalized your communications can be. You want your attendee to perceive your event as a personalized experience.
2 Does the provider offer a comprehensive contact management system?
• Address book management can keep your contact information updated and it can cleanse bad data.
• By slicing and dicing your database, just think how you can implement segmented marketing campaigns!
3 Can you use the registration system to collect payments in an automated and secure manner?
Gone are the days waiting for your attendees’ checks to clear or waiting for payment to arrive by mail. Built-in payment handling is a great time saver because money collected online is in most cases automatically deposited into your bank account.
• Automated systems eliminate cash flow issues that often arise.
• Make sure the online registration system you use is secure and has your registrant’s best interests in mind. Inquire about their security standards and the safeguards they have in place to guarantee that your participant’s data is held in a secure environment.
4 Is the system user-friendly?
• Make sure the technology solution you choose is both easy to use AND serves all the functions that you need. Although more sophisticated systems require an initial investment to learn about the range of features, the accumulated time saved on automating administrative tasks can be staggering once you know how to use it.
5 Does the provider have sufficient support staff to service your needs?
• Let’s face it, initially you’ll need help learning all the bells and whistles. And once you’ve conquered it, you may have some custom requests. You’ll need to know if they have a skilled service team to answer the phone and provide assistance in a timely manner.
• Do they charge extra for customer support?
Do yourself a favor and ask these questions!
Our next blog post, Web-Based Registration, Part 3: 4 Things You Must Do Before Choosing an Event Registration Tool, will help you select the program that best meets your needs. And that will make your life easier!
Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on related topics.
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- August 2011
- July 2011